Dear Church Family,
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
We are excited about the upcoming opportunity of having our first in person live worship service and we want to share with you some information about this opportunity.
PLEASE read these guidelines completely. Our church leadership team has put this information together, and will continue to reevaluate and make adjustments as needed. These types of measures are to be followed so our church is in line with the expectation of Government and Health Officials.
I know that this is going to be different and, in many ways, challenging to do. Many things included in our reopening are different from how we normally act. We love to hug and shake hands. We love to sit with our friends and fellowship with our church family. I ask that you remember three things. First, that although you may be comfortable, you may make someone else uncomfortable. Secondly, we want to make sure that we are keeping everyone as safe as possible, especially considering everyone’s differing levels of concern. We will conduct contactless services: no hand shaking, hugs, high fives, & no laying on of hands, etc.
Lastly, I am just so thankful that we’re coming back together as a body of believers to exalt the name of Jesus Christ! We are asking you to be patient with us and be considerate of one another and to follow the guidelines we have put in place as we endeavor to keep everyone safe.
Pastor Charles Tate
BROOKPORT CHURCH OF GOD REOPENING GUIDELINES
Thank you for your patience, your understanding and your cooperation as we move forward with this exciting opportunity.
GUIDELINES FOR SERVICE
Beginning on Sunday, June 7th we will have two worship opportunities.
Service 1: 9:00 a.m.
Those who have a high level of concern are invited to this service. Masks are to be worn by everyone during this service, with the exception of the Praise Team and Pastor, but only while on stage.
Service 2: 11:00 a.m.
Those who have a low level of concern are invited to this service. Masks will be optional for this service.
To follow recommended guidelines for seating capacity we are asking for your assistance.
- IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND A LIVE SERVICE, CONTACT US WITH THIS INFORMATION.
- Which service you are attending, Service 1 or Service 2
- And the number of those attending the service in your family.
- Please send that information to one of the following:
Anthony Tinin, Administrative Pastor (270) 564-7094
Ryan Summers, Family Discipleship Pastor (618) 645-1321
We will evaluate the need for any additional services as we move forward to keep with social distancing recommendations.
This will include using every other row, or the removal of some of the seats, and spreading things out. We will still provide our online worship experience, which can be found on Facebook and YouTube for those that want to continue to watch at home.
- There will be no Sunday School classes meeting at this time, we will inform you in advance when we will be able to resume Sunday School. There will be no childcare or designated nursery provided at this time, but a room will be made available for a parent to take a child needing attention. We will keep you posted as to when Children’s & Youth Ministries will resume.
- Tithe and offerings will be placed in the offering plates as you exit the service or you can give online.
- Social distancing will be observed. Upon entering the building, an usher will assist you to your seat. Families who live together are encouraged to sit together as a group.
- Signs will be posted at the main entrance that states, “If you have a fever, please do not enter the building.”
- Hand sanitizers will be available at the entrance and as you enter or leave the sanctuary. We will have masks available for those that do not have one but desire one. If you have your own mask please bring it.
- We will have a team to clean and disinfect chairs, door handles, and traffic areas before and after each service.
- We will encourage the physically weak, those with pre-existing health conditions (no matter the age), and those who are sick or have a fever, to watch the services ONLINE in the safety of their home.
- As long as the pandemic does not worsen, we will plan to resume all activities at Brookport Church of God, as soon as possible.
UPON ARRIVAL AT CHURCH…
- Please line up with your family along the sidewalk observing social distancing. If more than 3 or 4 families are waiting, we are asking that you stay in your vehicle until the line shortens.
- Your family will be asked to enter the building by an usher. An usher will lead your family in and escort you to a designated group of seats, similar to how parents or grandparents are escorted and seated at a wedding.
- You will be asked to sit with your immediate family where the usher directs you to, and will be asked to remain in that seating area.
- Please understand that you may not be able to sit where you normally sit because we are doing our best to follow the guidelines we have been given.
- At the dismissal, ushers will release each row in an orderly fashion.
- We are asking that no one congregate in the parking lot before and after the services. As you greet one another, please practice social distancing.
We look forward to bringing a sense of normalcy back to our congregation and moving past the pandemic. We are making every effort to follow all recommended precautions and maintaining a clean facility.
There will be no pressure put on anyone to return to community worship in the building, and our communication will reflect this, as we allow people to return at their own pace and comfort.